Hi folks,

I have raised some of these issues before, but we (Interniche Technologies, Inc.) are now getting closer to trying to officially pass Tahi Phase 2, so would like to know what the current thought on these issues is.

The code we use for Tahi P2 tests won't work for most long FreeBSD FTP transfers, because FreeBSD sends occasional NS and relies on the NA reply.

RFC 2461 - 7.2.3 sez that an NA is sent after an NS that updates the cache and Tahi P2 checks that an NA is not sent otherwise. Hence, there is then at least one interoperability problem forced on us by the Tahi P2 tests.

We pass many Tahi P2 tests only because our code receives out of band IPv4 traffic between tests from modified Tahi Perl scripts. For example, we changed Tahi's

/usr/local/v6eval/bin/autorun to signal us via IPv4 ping to clear our ND cache between tests. The IPv6 spec does not specify the time delay between ND cache purges, so we are free to do this.

We also changed other Tahi scripts, to issue out of band IPv4 signals, to allow us to restart our IPv6 code (without reboot), so we don't have to download a device before each P2 Stateless test.

In summary, we do well on Tahi P2 and can interop well by knowledgeably changing variables between tests.

Please comment, if you would.

Tx,
Tim McFadden
Interniche Technologies, Inc.