Thanks Ed and Jean-Francois, for your responses to my inquiry.  Problem is solved now.

Ed: thanks, but IP forwarding wasn't the problem; the relevant registry entry in windows was set to enable IP forwarding.

Jean-Francois: you're right about the router advertisements being sent out on the wrong interface!  Embarassingly, I had accidentally entered the wrong interface number in tspc.conf, but was deceived by the router advertisements that were still going out on the desired interface.  Turns out that the router advertisements were from some previous configuration of a static IPv6 routing infrastructure based on the "appendix E" windows IPv6 network testbed.  Switching the interface number fixed the problem.

Daniel

On 3/16/06, Freenet6 Support <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--On Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:53 PM +0800 Daniel Wong
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear IPv6 users,
>
> I have recently tried to set up a TSP client to use the TSP protocol
> to automatically set up IPv6 over IPv4 tunnels.  I could get it to
> work and see the dancing turtle (kame) for one host using anonymous
> mode, but when I tried for a PC router configuration with a windows
> PC, the PC router was able to see the dancing turtle, but other nodes
> were not.  The PC router appeared to be sending out ICMPv6 router
> advertisements, but the surrounding hosts didn't appear to be picking
> up, and they didn't auto-configure.  Any ideas why?
>
> I tried with both Windows and Linux for the surrounding hosts, but
> neither appeared to have picked up the router advertisements to
> auto-configure, although tcpdump showed that ICMPv6 router
> advertisements were indeed being sent out.  Is there some subtle
> misconfiguration of a windows PC router that could result in such
> behavior?

Hi Daniel.
It may be pertinent to know which version of the TSP client you are
using. Also, did you modify the script at all?

Can you get a dump of the router advertisements being received on
surrounding hosts? If you can't get that, then there may be a
configuration problem on the router PC, for example the RAs being sent
on the wrong interface (just guessing).

Regards,
Jean-Francois Tremblay
Hexago/Freenet6 Support
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.freenet6.net
Free IPv6 connectivity, powered by the Hexago
Migration Broker (tm) http://www.hexago.com