Hi Adam,
I have no problem with us also supporting such a blank archetype.

Previously our archetypes was based on the claims example app, which was 3
domain entities rather than just the one in the current wrj archetype...
the reason being to make it quickly easy to get something going.  My
expectation is that people would rename the ToDo class to Customer, or
whatever.  But if you're finding it tiresome to strip out what is in ToDo,
then perhaps others do too?

With respect to using inmemory vs JDO, there's no need to write
JDO-specific implementations of the repositories; a naive impl also works,
even if the JDO objectstore is configured.  Perhaps this isn't easy to grok
from the documentation.  Given that we configure the JDO objectstore to run
with the inmemory HSQLDB, my thoughts are that it's pretty low ceremony
already

With respect to viewers, another option for a "prototyping" sort of
archetype is also dnd viewer.  Although we've now (since removing the
client/server remoting component) pretty much deprecated this for
production use, the dnd viewer has proven its worth over past years as a
good modelling tool.  If you look under examples/applications, you can see
that there's the outline of such an application already there (though not
tested recently).  I also thought that this might incorporate the BDD and
junit viewers (not that I've formally released those as TLP releases, yet).

I'm cc'ing this reply to users mailing list to see if there are any
opinions from folks only on that list.

Cheers
Dan