Hi Jeremy,

I wonder if I'm missing the point, but in the applib you can specify the
icon for an entity at runtime using the "iconName" method [1][2]

Using that method you can perform any kind of run-time algorithm to
return the name of the icon file.  Unfortunately the file needs to exist
in one of the default search directories, which is possibly a limiting
factor.

I suppose that if you want to serve the icons directly from the
database, you would need to replace the current implementation.

Regards,
Kevin

[1]
http://isis.apache.org/applib-guide/how-tos/how-to-01-070-How-to-spe