Hi, Satyendra.

We migrated our Domain from JPA to JDO in order to work with Isis. It was
really easy and the advantages to use Isis for implementing the business rules
overcomes the invested effort (less than 2 days) .

Basically, a find-and-replace work that can nearly be done automatically.
For each JPA annotation there's an equivalent JDO annotation.

In fact, there are JDO options more flexible than the JPA counterparts (like
the possibility to mix different @Inheritance options on the same class
hierarchy [1], comparing with JPA's @Inheritance annotation [2]).

As you explicitly mentioned it, here are the JDO documentation links to the
corresponding annotations for one-to-one [3], one-to-many [4] and many-to-many
[5] relationships between Domain Entities.

If you want to avoid learning about them, I've just uploaded a new version of
the Isis Templates for Eclipse that contains a set of templates, all them
starting with "isjd" (from Is-is JD-O templates), that allows to automatically
add a new one-to-one, one-to-many, or many-to-many field. Exactly, the
following ones are provided:

KEY             : DESCRIPTION

isjdp                   : JDO Property (simple & 1:1 bidir - parent)
isjdp-11p               : JDO Property (1:1 child)

isjdc-1n-b-fk   : JDO Collection (1:n bidir, foreign key)
isjdc-1n-b-jt   : JDO Collection (1:n bidir, join table)
isjdc-1n-u-fk   : JDO Collection (1:n unidir, foreign key)
isjdc-1n-u-jt   : JDO Collection (1:n unidir, join table)

isjdc-mn-ub-c   : JDO Collection (m:n bidir - child)
isjdc-mn-ub-p   : JDO Collection (m:n unidir & bidir - parent)

For "simple" properties, we need to explicitly indicate if its nullable.

For bidirectional one-to-one properties, one of them is the parent and the
other the child (the opposite side, referenced through a field on the parent
entity - i.e., "mappedBy").

For collections, I've just use Sets (not Lists) as they allow to directly
implement "Managed Relationships" [6] (for just inserting on one side of the
collection and automatically update the other side of the relationships when
you execute "getContainer().flush()" ).

For downloading and installing instructions, go to [7]. After that, you can
invoke them in the context of a Java class whille defining the Domain Entity.

Please, if you experiment any problems regarding DataNucleus JDO, don't
hesitate to post it here and it will be solved ASAP.

HTH,

Oscar

[1] http://www.datanucleus.org/products/datanucleus/jdo/orm/inheritance.html
[2]