Hi Oscar,
Yes, the are many similarities between traits and contributions.

In fact I've often thought that Isis is in some regards more of an
aspect-oriented framework than an object - oriented frameworks.  At the
system level it implements presentation logic as a cross - cutting concern,
sell as the more usual security, transactions and auditing.

Using the event bus one can also book into these pointcuts at an
application level.

Cheers,
Dan.