Hi Dan, thanks for your feedback, I'll stick to my first idea, and as soon
I have something to share, will definitely come back to you.

Nevertheless, I have some show-stoppers there:

1. View model representation in wicket viewer - please check my latest
comments on  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-899
2. View model entity referencing another view model entity - check also
same issue

3. Also have another question / feature request regarding restful viewer.

My service consumer needs actually simplified JSON response.  I guess I
would need a kind simplified rest viewer?

Regs,Vladimir

Here my spec by example:

*Given two view model objects and domain service returning instance of A.*

@ViewModel
Class A {

private int id;

private String a1;

private B b1;

}

@ViewModel
Class B {

private int id;
private String c1;
}

*when a 3rd party service consumer calls the domain service method
getForExample() thru restful invoke API*

@DomainService
public class Service1 {

public A getForExample() {
}
}

*then the answer should be a simple JSON structure representing only the
parameters of the objects*

{
id: "123",
a1: "someTextHere",