Hi Dan, I've just went thru your guide and want to give you my feedback.

After the described steps how to setup the idea in the step maven helper
plugin https://isis.apache.org/guides/cg.html#_maven_helper_plugin you
assume from chapter 2.1.2 that the Isis source code is already checked out
locally.

Maybe you should spend some words here about how to get the current Isis
source code:

- install a git client (sourcetree
https://www.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/overview ) or howto configure
a git in Idea
- checkout the Isis source code (refer to your documentation later
https://isis.apache.org/guides/cg.html#7.1.-recommended-workflow-(github)

Regs,Vladimir