There isn't really any list, no.

Actually, on my todo list is to do some performance tuning; things have
certainly slowed down over the last few releases.  I have one or two
theories as to why, but haven't researched them as of yet.

You might want to look configure logging to view all SQL queries and to
search for any occurrences of the N+1 problem; eg configure

log4j.appender.sql=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.sql.File=./logs/sql.log
log4j.appender.sql.Append=false
log4j.appender.sql.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.sql.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS} %m%n

and

log4j.logger.DataNucleus.Datastore.Native=DEBUG, Console, sql
log4j.logger.DataNucleus.Datastore.Schema=DEBUG, Console, sql

in logging.properties and then monitor sql.log.  I use baretail (on
windows) which supports highlighting of lines; makes it easy to see which
tables are being hit repeatedly.

Another thing you could explore is to use selective caching, eg using the
QueryResultsCache [1]

HTH (a bit)
Dan

[1]