Hi,

I want to use such a query and I notice that in Estatio such queries are
implemented as a views, I wonder why it is done this way?

It does seem to be a way to avoid a table having to be created to avoid an
Isis validation error.

The only issue I have with this is that its going back to the SQL level.

I have the following query presently:

    public List<ParticipantDateLastAttendedResult>
ParticipantsByMonthsInactiveReport(@Parameter(optionality =
Optionality.OPTIONAL) RecurringActivity activity) {
        Query query = isisJdoSupport.getJdoPersistenceManager().newQuery(
                "SELECT this.participant, max(this.startDateTime) " + "
INTO au.com.scds.chats.dom.module.reports.ParticipantDateLastAttendedResult
"
                        + " FROM
au.com.scds.chats.dom.module.attendance.Attended " + " GROUP BY
this.participant ");
        List<ParticipantDateLastAttendedResult> results =
(List<ParticipantDateLastAttendedResult>) query.execute();
        return results;
    }