Hi Jeremy,

Is this JDO/Datanucleus' column validation we are talking about here, where
it is verifying its in-memory metamodel of the persistent entities against
the RDBMS?  Or is it some other sort of query occuring in your code?

I'm guessing the former.

Just to narrow this down, if you disable column validation in the
persistor_datanucleus.properties file, then does the delay disappear?

~~~
Speculating, I wonder if your app is being bootstrapped without JDO knowing
about all the persistent entities, and then only later when you hit this
second entity does a whole bunch more of the metamodel become "apparent" to
JDO, hence a pause.  In earlier versions of Isis we didn't necessarily do a
good job of telling JDO/DN about all the entities, though the AppSpec stuff
has, I think, sorted out that issue because we now do a classpath scan for
all @PersistenceCapables.   Are you using an AppSpec, or still relying on
isis.properties?

Whatever your answers to the above, 9 minutes does sound like a
ridiculously long amount of time, so we've obviously got to try to figure
this one out for you.

Thx
Dan