Hi Erik,

I think you could achieve this by also replacing the default table
component [1] (as well as registering your own), with your replacement of
the default returning DOES_NOT_APPLY for those domain objects that
implement your sortable interface.

HTH
Dan

[1] http://isis.apache.org/guides/ugvw.html#_how_to_replace_a_component