Forwarding to UserList, since I forgot that on last reply. See answer below.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: subes <gsu...@gmail.com>
Date: 2016-04-17 18:49 GMT+02:00
Subject: Re: HTML and Binding generator for Wicket built on top of
Wicket-Bootstrap
To: Óscar Bou - GOVERTIS <o....@govertis.com>

Hi Oscar,

an interesting idea, though as far as I see it the Apache Isis metamodel is
more elaborate than that of NoWicket. Also it is driven by the idea of
creating an UI for persistent objects without direct access to the UI
coding, so persistency topics are handled in the Apache Isis annotations
and method semantics and everything is expressed in the Apache Isis
metamodel. Also the programming model is different, with Apache Isis you
just code your model, then run the application to see the interactive
results for general purpose CRUD views. With NoWicket you actually generate
the HTML file, then refine the markup and Wicket page class to get a
customized UI as you desire.

Nothing prevents one to create a NoWicket UI on top of an Apache Isis
domain entities model by leveraging the Document-View-Pattern. Just
introducing "Document" classes as NoWicket UI models to callback, reuse,
modify, extend, facade the domain entities to suit your custom view
expectations. Since the Apache Isis metamodel is independent of any layer
on top of it, this should be feasible without any framework translation in
between. One could maybe even mix the auto generated UI from Apache Isis
and some custom UIs with NoWicket.

Though I have to confess that I am not an expert in the Apache Isis
metamodel, thus if you have a different view on this topic, I would be glad
to be enlightened. :)
Maybe we could build some sort of proof of concept for an integration and
see what addon could be created to make this interoperability easier, like
a set of utility methods or something to talk to the Apache Isis semantics
easier. Though my first impression would be that not much should be needed
to accomplish this.

I guess NoWicket could be a benefit as an addon for custom UIs next to the
Apache Isis Wicket Viewer or am I wrong here?

Best regards,
Edwin