Hi

I run into problems when executing 'mvn validate' with simpleapp-archetype version 1.14.0 by following the documentation

The new mojo:buildnumber-mave-plugin generates the error message: "Cannot get the revision information from the scm repository"

Obviously this error makes sense as I was not connected to any scm during validation. To pass validation without connection to an scm, I added the plugin parameter <revisionOnScmFailure> to the pom.xml in the webapp directory (See my plugin configuration below). This seems to work well so far.

Anyway I couldn't find any hint for that problem in the apache isis documentation.

            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>buildnumber-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.4</version>
                <configuration>
<revisionOnScmFailure>true</revisionOnScmFailure>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

Cheers
Patrick