I stripped down the demo app's maven dependencies (pom.xml) to an absolute
minimum, such that the content is easy to comprehend.

To be honest, I don't have enough maven insight to understand our "usual way",
my bad. If there's an easy fix for the pom.xml, to enable our "usual way",
please let me know.

Cheers Andi!

---

For reference ...

As stated on the project's readme, to get the demo running on a docker engine,
just execute this 3 steps:

1. docker run --detach --publish 8080:8080 --name demo --restart always
ahuber/isis-2-demo:tomcat9-jdk8
2. docker exec -it demo bash -c /opt/isis/build-isis.sh
3. docker exec -it demo bash -c /opt/isis/build-and-deploy-demo.sh

Step 3. builds the demo app's war file, which then (within this 'demo' docker
container) is deployed to tomcat.

This allows to easily add different flavors (docker tags) like e.g. a
'tomcat9-jdk10' or a 'payara5-jdk8' later on.