Hi François,

I'm using a different approach called Skinny-WAR deployment:

In my IDE I've prepared a payara (others like tomcat should work as well) with
shared libraries, such that my actual WAR files are usually less then 2MB in
size.
So the entire Apache Isis ecosystem's libraries are not included with the WAR
file and the servlet-engine is up and running during the entire development
session, no need to restart.

That way, when I change a java file in the IDE, a redeployment happens
automatically and does not take longer than 4-6 sec on my machine.

We are working hard on the coming 2.0.0-M1 pre-release. While code is almost
ready for production, documentation still lags behind. But we will (sooner or
later) include documentation on how to setup such a Skinny-WAR deployment.

Cheers, Andi!

On 2018/05/29 07:39:35, Francois Dumas <francois.du...@sys-integrator.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Having discovered Apache Isis last year and having been very impressed by it,
>  I'm now attempting to use it for my next work project.
>
> On my last Java project, I got a JRebel license which means I am now quite
> spoiled and have become rather intolerant to the "code/stop
> server/build/deploy/start server" cycle.  ;-)
>
> I'm trying the different methods explained in the Developers' Guide [1] to
> decrease dev turnaround times using the SimpleApp archetype but I have not
> succeeded so far.

[...]