2010/12/13 François Cassistat <f...@maya-systems.com>:
> Re-hi,
>
> Thanks for your answers. I have tested with 2.3-SNAPSHOT and it still doesn't
> work... Although, the exception message is better "property /test/property:
> the property cannot be saved because it has been modified externally."
>
> I do not understand why it should be an wanted behavior.

because it prevents you from accidentally overwriting changes made by
other sessions.

just like a text editor application will warn you, that the document
you're about to
persist had been modified by somebody else after you've opened it for editing.

there are different ways to handle such situations, and i guess none
is the ultimate
'correct way'. it depends on the use case.

if your application must concurrently modify a specific property then you should
use locking. that's what locks are intended for.

cheers
stefan