Off the top of my head I believe loading into an empty database is always
faster because of the way it generates the index files and node tables.
When loading to an existing dataset it tends to be slower because it has
to add to the existing files rather than generating them from scratch.

Andy/Paolo would be better placed to comment on this, I changed the
subject so they'll be more likely to notice this thread

Rob

Rob Vesse -- YarcData.com -- A Division of Cray Inc
Software Engineer, Bay Area
m: 925.960.3941  |  o: 925.264.4729 | @: rve...@yarcdata.com  |  Skype:
rvesse
6210 Stoneridge Mall Rd  |  Suite 120  | Pleasanton CA, 94588