Hi Dave,

Thanks, this makes my task harder :-) Let me then ask you a question about
the rules that I have. Maybe you can help me with this. Based on the same
example that we were talking I want to create a rules that are executed
when "I have sign A, B (compulsory) and one of the following: C, D, E). For
this, I already have a solution creating several combinations such as
A,B,C; A,B,D; etc.. but I want other design.

I've then some rules where, first of all, I close the world using noValue
and specifying only A,B,C,D, and E as valid signs. Then, I've created a
rule that should be fired (with diagnosis result) only if I have A, B
(compulsory) and a counter with a value greater or equal to 1.

Then, I've developed also three more rules (one per remaining sign: C,D,E),
that increases this counter. However it seems to not be working.

Here are the rules:

http://pastebin.com/LeWY7Ndq

PD: The counter doesn't exist in my current ontology. It is created in the
same way than hasNegSign.

Thanks!

_______

Sorry no. There are sophisticated rule systems that can tell you why a rule
wasn't fired but there's no support for that in JenaRules.

Dave