Hey Leigh,
I had this problem some months ago. At this time there where no mechanism to "exclude" invalid triples. So i changed the Jena-Api and included my own parsing proccess. But it was quite complicated and it just works for my data. I think there are two not so complicated ways.

*first:*
- you could look for a ntriple-parser and do the checking before you dump in tdb. I used the api of sesame some time ago. and it was quite good.

*second:*
- you could load triple per triple into tdb. and if it runs fail on one triple you just load the next one. But if you do this you just can use tdbloader and not tdbloader2, which slows down the loading proccess imense

Regards
Stefan