Hi Handy,

It's two year my society (GruppoImola) works with jena. Our customers are
banks and insurances, so it's important to store triples in a relational DB
instand of File System.
We focused on SDB. We have 5 customers with a semantic application in a
production environment based on jena, sdb and semantic mediawiki.
Untill now we used SDB 1.3.4. We hope our experience may be usefull for you.
Here issue and test:

1-autoreconnect
SDB uses a JDBC connection without autoreconnect.
We have found and a update a project to obtain the outoreconnect feature (
https://github.com/shellac/ReconnectingSDB).
This is an important feature in entrerprice environment because usually it
is not possible restart the server every time the connection falls
We test it using different configurations:

SDB Version (date of download, output of "sdbprint --version"): 1.3.4

Database type and version: mysql 5.0.95, 5.5

OS and version: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8, Ubuntu 12.04
and Centos 5.6

JDBC connector: mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar or later

Java: 1.7.0_03 or later

fuseki:  0.2.4

Report:

Autoreconnect -> work properly
sparql query -> work properly
sparul query -> work properly

2-Oracle DB support:
SDB support oracle DB 10g.
We tested it and we find a bug.
SDB translates SPARQ to SQL query properly but the outcome query contains
some sql command that Oracle 10g does no supports.
For example the outcome query contains "Limit" (it work properly using
mysql DB). In Oracle DB you should use "rownum" instead.

SDB Version (date of download, output of "sdbprint --version"): 1.3.4

Database type and version: oracle 10g

OS and version: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8

JDBC connector: mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar or later

Java: 1.7.0_03 or later

Report:
sparql query translation contains "limit" intand of "rownum", so if you use
Oracle 10g query crach.

3-excell output
GruppoImola develop a way to retrieve Sqparql/Sparul query output as Excell
file.
Some customers ask for this feature to avoid to parse CSV to Excell file.
If you are interested in it I can send you the code. It's a fuseky
developed on fuseki 0.2.4.

Regards
Francesco

--