Titan (https://github.com/thinkaurelius/titan) is an example of a
blueprints stack graph implementation that works over HBase or Cassandra.
The distinct limitation/restriction is that it supports vertex-oriented
queries, i.e. constrained to subgraphs. To do full-graph queries/analysis,
you use Fanus, a related project, that implements your query as a
map-reduce job that leverages the Hadoop-HBase connection. I think that
gives some hints to the limitations and challenges of building generalized
graph query over HBase.

Dom