See the links to the syntax of Lucene query strings -- if that works for you, you can use it.

Even so, if you need to both use text:query and a FILTER, then it's probably faster because there are less triples to consider.

        Andy

PS It helps to start a new thread, not reply to an existing one, when the topic is different.