On 20/12/13 20:25, Rose Beck wrote:
Also I even checked the code...i think this whole reasoning is in sync.
Please correct me if I am wrong?

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM, Rose Beck <rosebeck...@gmail.com> wrote:

Great answer..but after repeating the execution of the one would not get
cold cache time..right?  So, I think --time is great for getting the cold
cache time used by Jena..right?

Yes - it'll amortize the cache warm up and JVM warm up (JIT on the code speeds things up by a huge factor).

The weakness is that it is executing the exactly the same query each time - that may not be a very useful test or it maybe useful, depending on what you are testing. In BSBM for example, it takes templates and inserts random values so it is not an identical query each time.

        Andy