Steve,

I'm not getting systematic failures, even after running multiple times for well over 4 hours. I saw one failure but had several runs with no failure at all. Looks like my setup does not have the right timing.

I've changed the internal exception point to print (stderr) some details and exit the VM:

if ( ! pageMgr.valid(pageId) ) {
   String msg =
      "RecordRangeIterator.iterator -- No such block (pageId="+
      pageId+
      ", fromRec="+fromRec+", toRec="+toRec+ ")" ;
   System.err.println(msg) ;
   System.exit(0) ;
   throw new BlockException(msg) ;
}

Do you have some test servers you could run your test code with the development Jena? Ideally, running multiple tests so we build up a number of outcomes to see if there is a pattern.

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/jena/

apache-jena/2.11.2-SNAPSHOT for a binary build or use maven directly on apache-jena-libs.

The other thing that may well be needed is a more sensitive test case. Running in the debugger is too slow to be practical.

What other patterns of transactions have you tried?

        Andy