Hi Kumar,

The DRI Catalogue used at the UK National Archives uses a RESTful web
service built on top of the Jena stack to - exactly as John says - provide
access to the information held in RDF without the user (or application in
this case) needing to know anything at all about the underlying technology
or its data structures. It means that should the need arise, the underlying
technology can be replaced without users (or applications) needing to know.

You can read more about this approach here
https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documents/information-management/xml-london-tna-rw.pdf

Rob