Mark,

I’ve run into this before, and I got this suggestion from one of the SPARQL
editors.

You cannot “nest” a FROM into a service — FROMs only apply to the endpoint that
it is being run on.

Instead of citing SERVICE <http:your.endpoint.net/sparql>,
change that URI to include the default-graph-url or named-graph-uri query
string parameters [1], e.g.

SERVICE <http:your.endpoint.net/sparql?named-graph-uri=yourGraphNam>

Regards,
Tim

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-protocol/#query-operation
<https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-protocol/#query-operation>

> On Feb 10, 2016, at 11:25 AM, mark <ma...@metarelate.net> wrote:
>
> Hello Jena/Fuseki people
>
> I am trying to run a query remotly on a SPARQL end point as a sub part
> of an orchestration query I am running locally
>
> I can run my inner query just fine, but when I wrap it within a service
> call, Fuseki complains about my use of FROM
>
> this also occurs if I use FROM NAMED
>
> both of these are important parts of my query
>
> Is it the case that fuseki will not allow a
> FROM
> call within a
> SERVICE
> call