This may require correction from a committer or more experienced dev, but I
think you are looking for the Node/Triple/Graph/DatasetGraph SPI. If you
implement that, your clients can use the public-facing
RDFNode/Statement/Model/Dataset API with your implementation underneath.

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library