On 25/06/16 11:42, Jean-Marc Vanel wrote:
Sorry, now it's clear.

AFAIK internally
1000
and
"1000"^^xsd:integer
are the same.
What you ask is a feature of the Turtle Writer.
You should look for settings of the Turtle Writer, if any.

It does that.  N-triples does not, nor does RDF/XML.

If Jena does not do it,
look for another tool like rapper, Euler/EYE, etc.

Yes - it's a syntax feature of Turtle that xsd:integer can be written that way. Same with xsd:decimal (if there is a dot)

xsd:int and other derived types can't - it would loose the detailed type information.

Jindřich - do you have a detailed example?

Hi Jean-Marc,

I'm aware of createTypedLiteral, but I don't want to generate typed
literal, but a plain one instead, as I have indicated in my question.

For example, 1000 instead of "1000"^^xsd:integer.

- Jindřich

--
Jindřich Mynarz
http://mynarz.net/#jindrich

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Jean-Marc Vanel <
jeanmarc.va...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Jindrich you had to read further on the javadoc:

    - createTypedLiteral

    public static Literal
<

https://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/jena/org/apache/jena/rdf/model/Literal.html

createTypedLiteral(String
<

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true

string,
                                             RDFDatatype
<

https://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/jena/org/apache/jena/datatypes/RDFDatatype.html

dType)

    Answer a typed literal.
    Parameters:string - the string which forms the value of the
literaldType
    - RDFDatatype of the type literalReturns:a Literal node with that
string
    as value

    - createTypedLiteral

    public static Literal
<

https://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/jena/org/apache/jena/rdf/model/Literal.html

createTypedLiteral(Object
<

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/Object.html?is-external=true

value)

    Answer a typed literal.
    Parameters:value - a java Object, the default RDFDatatype for that
    object will be usedReturns:a Literal node with that value

Hi,

can I use Jena to create non-string plain literals, such as integers?

ResourceFactory.createLiteral() (

https://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/jena/org/apache/jena/rdf/model/ResourceFactory.html#createPlainLiteral-java.lang.String-
)
is available only for strings.

- Jindřich

--
Jindřich Mynarz
http://mynarz.net/#jindrich

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
Déductions SARL - Consulting, services, training,