Yes you are right sir, it is a project based assignment but stuck in the
first portion/part of creating individuals based on user entered string.
I initialized the OntModel in the button handler as:

jButton1ActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) {

OntModel model=ModelFactory.createOntologyModel();
String str=jTextField2.getText();

read1(str, model);

null pointer exception disappear and  it gives error of :

line 1 co*lumn 1): Content is not allowed in prolog.*

I think this is due to some white spaces but it usually happens when there
are some xml tags. What type of white space will be there in a jena code?