Probably the easiest thing to do is to change the versions in all the pom.xml
files to a custom version so it can only use locally installed artefacts
because the version won’t exist anywhere else i.e. Even if it looks for it on
the Internet it won’t find it.

You can do this automatically like so:

mvn release:update-versions -DdevelopmentVersion=3.1.1-myfork-SNAPSHOT

Rob