based on https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#inline-data-examples

there is no difference between values  blocks inside or outside a graph
pattern.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 2:35 PM, Claude Warren <[email protected]> wrote:

> Currently the values are always placed in the top level of the query.
>
> Q: does it make a difference to exeuction?  (I suspect it does but I want
> to make sure before I proceed to add a method to place it inside the graph
> pattern.
>
> Claude
>
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 1:20 PM, Rob Vesse <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> The output you get is syntactically valid - VALUES is allowed at the top
>> level of the query as well as within graph patterns
>>
>>  It is not clear to me if the latter this Is actually possible with the
>> current query builder, Claude can probably give you a more detailed answer
>>
>> Rob
>>
>>
>> On 21/11/2017, 12:05, "Chris Dollin" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Dear All
>>
>>     I'm missing something with use of the query builder to create VALUES
>>     clauses.
>>     The code
>>
>>         @Test public void buildValues() {
>>             SelectBuilder sb = new SelectBuilder();
>>             sb.addValueVar("item",  "spoo", "flarn");
>>             System.err.println(sb.buildString());
>>         }
>>
>>     generates
>>
>>       SELECT  *
>>       WHERE
>>         {  }
>>       VALUES ?item { "spoo" "flarn" }
>>
>>     which I believe to be syntactically incorrect but in any case I want
>> the
>>     generated VALUES clause to be inside the WHERE {} ie
>>
>>       SELECT * WHERE {VALUES ?item {"spoo" "flarn"}}}
>>
>>     What should I be doing and how should I have known that?
>>
>>     Chris
>>
>>     PS please to excuse the misuse of @Test here ... exploratory use only.
>>
>>     --
>>     "What I don't understand is this ..."   Trevor Chaplin, /The
>> Beiderbeck
>>     Affair/
>>
>>     Epimorphics Ltd, http://www.epimorphics.com
>>     Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol
>> BS20
>>     6PT
>>     Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number
>> 7016688)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web
> <http://like-like.xenei.com>
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/claudewarren
>



-- 
I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web
<http://like-like.xenei.com>
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/claudewarren

Reply via email to