thank you for the explanations:

to laura: i guess HDT would reduce the size of my files considerably. where could i find information how to use fuseki with HDT? i might be worth trying and see how response time changes.

to andy: am i correct to understand that a triple (uri p literal) is translated in two triples (uri p uriX) and a second one (uriX s literal) for some properties p and s? is there any reuse of existing literals? that would give for each literal triple approx. 60 bytes?

i still do not undestand how a triple needs about 300 bytes of storage? (or how an nt.gzip file of 219 M igives a TDB database of 13 GB)

size of the database is of concern to me and I think it influences performance through the use of IO time.

thank you all very much for the clarifications!

andrew