good to know that we are on the same page here Adam. With regards to json
let's limit the scope of the discussion here to the Jena project for now. I
am not looking at an alternative to JSON-LD, correct my if I am wrong but
as far as my limited understanding of JSON-LD goes it is a way to
store/serialize RDF like data in a json format. while my use case would be
a customer that presents any data in json and wants me to read this into a
sparql endpoint for further inspection (with bnodes for arrays, warts and
all). Currently I have to programmatically write transformations to allow
me to read the data into a Jena store. Can JSON-LD already help me with
this task?

--

---
Marco Neumann