Dear all,

We are a group of developers from Macedonia, who are currently working with
JenaDB. We are trying to implement Jena in our project and we did a lot of
research and decided that this may be the best approach for us. The requirement
for choosing of suitable database was defined to store data about objects with
their classes and attributes. The database needs to be chosen in that way so it
has the highest (fastest) performance concerning RDF data, so objects can be
retrieved in shortest time possible. The analysis for choosing database have
shown that JENA TDB is the right approach for storing RDF data model, which as
triple store technology is shown as best option for RDF structures (subject,
predicate and object). It is concluded that the JENA TDB database is capable to
persist all objects according to profile defined classes.

1. We have three environments. Their configurations are:

                               1.1 CPU 4 cores @ 2.2 GHz

                              1.2 16Gb - RAM

                              1.3 100Gb - Disk

                               2.1 CPU 16 cores @ 2.0 GHz

                              2.2 96Gb - RAM

                              2.3 500Gb - Disk

                               3.1 CPU 4 cores @ 3.2 GHz

                              3.2 16Gb - RAM

                              3.3 320Gb - SSD Disk

We are using Jena version 3.6

2. We are working on system that will contain data for objects with unique
object ID - mRID (Master Resource ID). The main goal of the system is exchange
of those objects between more systems. Importing of model from file goes from
model.write and with that is creating a dataset. Also we are creating single
objects with insert. Attached are examples of our model, together with its
namespaces.

3. Our objectives on terms of speed are  for create and get to be less then
30ms, and fully load database with 100M objects (~500M triplets). Also we need
to make export of the database, with correct tag names from namespace of the
objects (currently we receive all of them with rdf:Description tag)

4. Currently we are getting numbers like 200ms or more for creating of 1 object
and we think that we have reached the load limit of the database which is
currently full with 80 million objects.

But in the process of developing we faced some problems. Our goal was to fill
the database with 100M objects in which we encounter a lot of problems. Nothing
is working as it should, and the importing process is getting slower and slower
as the database grows bigger, even though it still dose not reach the highest
limit.

Would you be able to answer few questions of ours?

  1.  Is it possible somehow to optimize the application (and database also) in
order to work faster and more reliable?
  2.  What is the correct way for using namespace prefixes in order to export
data in correct way?
  3.  Will it be possible for us to get your help in form of a workshop or
training?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,

Sashka