Hi Brian,

The Lucene version changed in 3.10.0 to 7.4 from 6.4 in 3.9.0 (and earlier). I
don’t think this has anything to do with the problem though.

I’m surprised that the query you indicate works in 3.9.0. It looks like what’s
intended is a phrase query but it needs to be surrounded by double quotes:

    ?s text:query (“\”street: the\”” 3000000)

the Lucene query is created by taking the default field name, “text” is this
case and dropping the query string in, giving:

    text:string: the

as the query, which looks like two Lucene field names concatenated.

Without the inner double quotes Lucene will treat the query string as a OR of
terms:

    string: OR the

The “:” could be escaped like

    ?s text:query (“street\\: the” 3000000)

Which would be an OR.

I don’t think any of this has changed sice 3.3.0

Regards,
Chris