On 08/09/2019 09:16, Marco Neumann wrote:
Romain,

sure Jena gives you so much more than just the basic graph infrastructure.
I wasn't acutely aware of the guava shade mandatory requirement in a
minimal viable setup of Jena. Still I would encourage you to engage with
Jena community to discuss design ideas and opportunity for reuse of jena
components in your work on graph at commons and apache.

Yes, Jena uses a shaded guava. Used as a library in an application, Jena choice of libraries can get into version issues. Guava used to change between version quite a bit (from general reading, I think it is more stable nowadays) so we don't force the Guava version on the application but shade it to make the Jena use independent of the app choice.

FYI I currently need the following libraries in a minimal viable setup to
work with the Jena graph api.

jena-base (215kb), jena-core (1.69mb), jena-shaded-guave (2.73mb), log4j
(479kb), slf4j-log (41kb), slf4j-api (12kb)

FYI:
A choice of slf4j logging impl is needed - it does not have to be log4j1. Testing and jena-cmds does make that choice but for general use of the modules, it is choice-independent.

Marco

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 10:33 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>