On 31/12/2020 07:50, Laura Morales wrote:
Is there a way to write UTF8 IRIs with Turtle without all the %-encoded characters? I mean like this <alice smith> or <alizè $mith> or ex:"alice smith"?

Just write the codepoint you want.

Spaces are never legal in IRIs.

https://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/#grammar-production-IRIREF

then it gets checked as a legal IRI.

\uABCD escapes are allowed.

> The only way that I know to write those characters is like this <alice%20smith>, ie. by writing the encoded URI myself.

No.
That puts 3 characters '%'-'2'-'0' into the URI. Not a space.

encode != escape.

Is there any syntax that I can use to write UTF8 characters instead, and have those characters automatically be parsed as IRIs? Like when I type a string in my browser, I type UTF8 but it's automatically url-encoded to a URL?

If you want to encode, there's code in IRILib.