I forgot to mention that after splitting up into smaller batches of updates,
memory never exceeded ~3.9GB during or after the updates. So that was another
very good sign.

> On Aug 12, 2021, at 7:37 AM, Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> "EXTERNAL EMAIL" - This email originated from outside of the organization. Do
> not click or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
> content is safe. If you are unsure, please contact CTS at
> hel...@pointclickcare.com.
>

> On 11/08/2021 21:21, Brandon Sara wrote:
>>> 10s of millions triples of RDFS schema and no instance data?
>> Yeah, it’s kinda weird. I inherited this project and am working on fixing
>> much of the structuring, but in the mean time, need to keep it going as is.
>> We are loading ICD-10 CM, SNOMED CT, and many other medical
>> ontologies/thesauri…hence the large ontology. Pretty much every concept is
>> treated as a class. At this point in time, we are using ontology itself for
>> some inference and mapping. Eventually, we will be bringing instance data
>> into the KG to do more powerful inference using the medical ontologies I
>> mentioned.
>
> Try running without it as a test.
>
> The transitive reasoner fires up either as the when the server starts or
> first request (can't remember which).
>
>>> custom:id has super properties?
>> No
>
> From what you've said, that takes not much memory - at very worse, it
> populates the node cache which is an LRU cache and usually 2G is enough.
> (unless you have a lot of very large literals - many lines of text).
>
>>> is the request causing the database to be sync'ed before the request starts?
>> Yes
>
> That's a source of RAM use if there are large pending updates.
>
> Also try the query
>
> SELECT * {} or ASK{}
>
> which does all the end-to-end stuff for setup and sync but does not touch the
> data.
>
> The other thing to try is point VisualVM at the process and look for the
> memory usage and heap usage.
>
>    Andy

No PHI in Email: PointClickCare and Collective Medical, A PointClickCare
Company, policies prohibit sending protected health information (PHI) by email,
which may violate regulatory requirements. If sending PHI is necessary, please
contact the sender for secure delivery instructions.

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for
message.