Dear Jena users,

I'm happy to announce that the Australian government now has a series of large
spatial datasets delivered as Linked Data via web APIs that use Fuseki as the
back end in production. This is the firts operation phase of a long-term
semantic spatial data layer for Australia.

The data is significant: authoritative census counting geometries, hydrological
catchment areas and so on. The census spatial feature collections are online at:

https://asgs.linked.fsdf.org.au/dataset/asgsed3/collections

A single census region:
https://asgs.linked.fsdf.org.au/dataset/asgsed3/collections/SA1/items/10102100710

The largest dataset, the Geocoded National Address file, has 14.5M addresses
(all Australian street addresses) with perhaps 50 triples each running well on
a single GeoFuseki instance with GeoSPARQL indexing:

Feature Collections: https://gnaf.linked.fsdf.org.au/dataset/gnaf/collections
Address FC: https://gnaf.linked.fsdf.org.au/dataset/gnaf/collections/addresses
Addresses:
https://gnaf.linked.fsdf.org.au/dataset/gnaf/collections/addresses/items
An Address object:
https://gnaf.linked.fsdf.org.au/dataset/gnaf/collections/addresses/items/GANSW718188625

The data from these APIs provide the points-of-truth for national spatial
dataset object identity, e.g. the address above with the persistent IRI of:

https://linked.data.gov.au/dataset/gnaf/address/GANSW718188625

We are also testing the use of all the various datasets combined in a Digital
Atlas of Australia Analytics Platform. That will see complex SPARQL qrieries
posed against all the data with geospatial and text filtering, for which we
will soon implement Fuseki Lucene text indexes on top of the GeoSPARQL indexes.

We have spent a fair bit of time getting RDF generation from non-RDF sources
right, running RIOT tooling to check and load RDF data and to build various
indexes, mostly in AWS cloud infrastructure. We thank:

* Stian Soiland-Reyes
* Zazuko
* Finland's Semantic Computing Research Group

...for their Fuseki containerisation that has made this relatively easy.

Of course, we thank Andy Seabourne and the Apache Foundation for Jena/Fuseki
itself!

Regards,

Nicholas Car
n...@kurrawong.net