Hi all,

I posted an update on the post (
https://blog.liveramp.com/2013/04/08/kafka-0-8-producer-performance-2/) to
test the effect of disabling ack messages from brokers. It appears this
only makes a big difference (~2x improvement ) when using synthetic log
messages, but only a modest 12% improvement when using real production
messages. This is using GZIP compression. The way I interpret this is that
just turning acks off is not enough to mimic the 0.7 behavior because GZIP
consumes significant CPU time and since the brokers now need to decompress
data, there is a hit on throughput even without acks. Does this sound
reasonable?

Thanks,

Piotr