Yes, reconnect.time.interval.ms is a new config that we added to 0.7. Will
update the website.

VIP is a virtual IP on a load balancer. You can associate multiple brokers
with a VIP and the VIP will randomly select one of the brokers to connect
to during socket establish time. The issue is that if a broker is brought
up, initially there is no connection to it. The reconnect.interval property
gives the producer a chance to pick up the new broker periodically.

Thanks,

Jun