Folks,

As I posted to the group here yesterday, my 3 server test in AWS produced an
average of 273,132 events per second with a fixed-size 2K message payload.
(Please see that thread for details.) In order to determine the horizontal
scalability, I added an additional server and MORE producer clients into the
mix. With 3 servers in the cluster, the average was 91,044 eps per server
(273,132). After adding a 4th server to the mix, and an additional set of
producers, I achieved an extended run of 361,320 events per second with the
same fixed-size 2K message payload. The new server added an additional 88,188
events per second throughput capacity to the cluster – near perfect horizontal
scaling.

While there may be a limit, achieving 500,00 or 750,000 or even 1 million
events per second with a Kafka cluster isn't beyond reach for the truly
motivated.

Nice work committers, very nice work.

Jason

This electronic message contains information which may be confidential or
privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please
notify us by e-mail at (postmas...@rapid7.com) immediately.