Hmm, that's a good theory. My understanding is that you have one thread
that first shuts down the consumer connector and then creates new streams
on the same connector. Is that right? If so, I don't think the race
condition can happen. When we shutdown the consumer connector, it waits
until the leaderFinder thread is stopped. So, if the leaderFinder thread is
still being started, shutdown will block.

Thanks,

Jun