Yeah, the basics are there, e.g. in the doc for the zookeeper.connect
property:

"Specifies the zookeeper connection string in the form
hostname:port/chroot. Here the chroot is a base directory which is
prepended to all path operations (this effectively namespaces all kafka
znodes to allow sharing with other applications on the same zookeeper
cluster)."

Actually though, I think the docs could be slightly more clear, as past
confusion on this list will atest.

The confusing part is what to do if you have multiple hosts in your zk
cluster.  In that case, the '/chroot' is only appended to the end of the
list of host/port pairs, e.g.:

host1.xyz.com:1234,host2.xyz.com:1234,host3.xyz.com:1234/chroot

This is often not obvious to readers of the docs.

Jason