1) Should a producer be aware of which broker to write to or is this somehow
managed by Kafka itself. For example, If I have 2 brokers with a configured
partition size of 1 will my messages be written in a round-robin type of
fashion to each broker or is this completed dependent on which broker the
consume connects to?

2) Similar question goes for a writing to a topic that has multiple partitions.
Are the writes randomly load-balanced between partitions or is this something
the client needs to do?

3) If I have 1 topic with 1 partition and 2 brokers how does consuming messages
work. For example, if my consumer connects to broker 1 how does it consume
messages written to broker 2?

Thanks