From: Neha Narkhede [mailto:neha.narkh...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:39 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hardware Loadbalancer vs zookeeper for producers

Kafka 08 doesn't use zookeeper based load balancing on the producer side.
We rely on a hardware load balancer to be able to talk to any broker and get
metadata about the cluster. This happens on startup, for new topics/partitions
and if the producer runs into an error while sending data.

Thanks,
Neha