It is possible to implement offset-preserving mirrors - however, that
would work only if there is one source cluster mirroring into target
cluster(s) (as opposed to mirroring multiple source clusters into one
target cluster). Anyway, as Jun said right now you have to either read
from the tail or head of the fail-over cluster.

Thanks,

Joel