Hi

I just started looking at Kafka today. Installing 0.8 Beta 1 went well and
I was able to run the command-line producer and consumer. When I tried to
write some Java code, I ran into problems with Maven dependencies (it was
looking for Scala.Product). I used the appropriate <dependency> from Maven
central.

Looking at the roadmap, 0.8 seems imminent, but no date is listed. 0.9 has
open issues but is listed as due tomorrow.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel

What's the latest news, and will 0.8 resolve this issue?

Thanks! I'm excited about giving it a whirl.