I'm trying to use the SimpleConsumer to consume a queue, using long polling.
I'm encountering some difficulties when using very long poll times (60s or
more). It seems to be conflicting with the socket timeout.

I thought the socket timeout was the timeout to actually connect to the broker,
then the wait timeout determined how long the long poll should be for. This
doesn't seem to be the case - the poll is throwing a SocketTimeoutException
even if it seems to have connected to the broker successfully. Can anyone
advise on this behaviour, and explain the relationship between socket timeout
and wait timeout?

Also, is there any way of specifying an indefinite long poll for a consumer?

Thanks,
SimonC